Two Sticks And Some String !

This is me, an opinionated, politically progressive Canadian Lace Knitter who's lived and worked in western Canada, and on the east coast of the USA; a multi-skilled person who's been recently re-elected to public office, has a Class One driver's license, a human services professional in direct service, middle and senior management positions, and a MOM!

Saturday, May 07, 2005


This is a little hat I made for Naomi, pictured here on her first birthday. Her parents are very involved in the Medieval thing (yes, I know there's a proper name for it!), so I knit this from the Bridal Veil doily pattern (from a booklet of ruffled-edged doilies .. ugh). I've also knit the doily (my mother's property now, but I'll get a couple of pics of it when I'm in Victoria next week, as she's asked me to press and starch her doilies .... oh lucky me ;-). It makes a beautiful doily with out the ruffle, and the pattern makes a darn fine hat for a little girl. I adapted the pattern to make the band, with button holes for the ribbons. Hard to see, but there really are several different coloured ribbons wound through those holes, and streaming down her little back! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Dippers
Progressive Bloggers
Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
NO Deep integration!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by TwoSticksAndSomeString

Fearless knitting

I am Knitting Daily
ru knitting daily?


Webring is owned by
Two Sticks and Some String !.
Previous | Next | List Sites