Two Sticks And Some String !

This is me, an opinionated, politically progressive Canadian Lace Knitter who's lived and worked in western Canada, and on the east coast of the USA; a multi-skilled person who's been recently re-elected to public office, has a Class One driver's license, a human services professional in direct service, middle and senior management positions, and a MOM!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's Like Driving to Massachusetts ...

Knitting a sweater, building a blog; one stitch at a time, one step at a time. At least I don't have to drive through Troy, NY. Today I added the link for the Knitting Bloggers. I will have to wait for approval by the person who owns the web ring, so until then, it's probably not active. I see there are many more web rings to which I could belong; I'll have to check them out and add 'em as I go!

Today's knitting content: I am about 2/3 finished my third wedding garter. This one is actually staying in Canada! The first two I knit went to friends in Massachusetts; Raenette and her husband John got married last September, and my friend Stephen Mougin married in February this year. I'll be adding a special post for Stephen's wedding, as soon as he sends me pictures. The current garter is going to be worn this August, on my stepmother's granddaughter's wedding day. I won't be going to the wedding, but I'm sure my dad will get some great pics. Ivory silk thread (purchased at The Silk Tree on Granville Island, Vancouver), and decorated with fresh water pearls. It will be gorgeous!

Stephen Mougin is currently playing with the Sam Bush Band, and is going to Alaska in November (brrrrrrr). I was hoping he and his new wife could make a slight detour to BC, because Dorne and I will be moved there by that time. Maybe if they're flying from Seattle to Alaska ... hmmmm ... perhaps I can bribe Stephen with some of my Alfredo sauce and a great feed of linguine! I'd love to see them both, and being back in my four bedroom house, there will be plenty of room.

So stay tuned for updates and additions to my blog. After the wedding garter, I'll be delving into the world of ordinary, non-lace knitting ... IMAGINE THAT! A vest crawling with beetles for my stepmom's youngest daughter in Victoria. She owns The Bug Zoo (I'll get a link in here as soon as I figure out how to do it!) and loves to wear buggy things. This vest will do the trick!

TTFN !!

1 Comments:

  • At Thu May 18, 06:07:00 p.m. PDT, Blogger Opal said…

    I can't imagine non-lace knitting! What's next? Quilting?!?

    Anyway I like the lace knitters web ring. It's pertinent. Even if you do stray from the path of the righteous lace now and again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Dippers
Progressive Bloggers
Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
NO Deep integration!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by TwoSticksAndSomeString

Fearless knitting

I am Knitting Daily
ru knitting daily?


Webring is owned by
Two Sticks and Some String !.
Previous | Next | List Sites